European Climate Pact Ambassadors Program 2024
European Climate Pact Ambassadors inform, inspire and support climate policy and action in their communities and networks.
To qualify as a Pact Ambassador, you must meet the requirements below. If you do not meet them, you are welcome to become a ‘Friend of the European Climate Pact’ (more information below).
Ambassador applications are currently open! Submit your application by 15 October.
Pact Ambassador role
Pact Ambassador appointments are for an initial one year period, with the opportunity to apply for renewal each subsequent year. Pact Ambassadors:
- Lead by example: showcase your dedication to the fight against climate change by taking climate and environmental action.
- Inspire others: encourage citizens, organisations, and regional and national governments to get involved in climate action. Urge relevant stakeholders and policymakers to deploy ambitious measures and mechanisms to accelerate systemic changes.
- Connect with others: team up with like-minded individuals, collaborate with stakeholders from across Europe and share information on EU climate policy and action.
Are you eligible?
The following individuals can become Pact Ambassadors:
- Leaders of organisations or associations
- Community leaders, leaders of informal groups or movements
- Mayors, parliamentarians, policymakers or other public office holders
- Representatives of cultural, educational or research institutions
- Influencers, opinion leaders