Applications call for Fosseway Writers Flash Fiction Competition 2020. A couple of big changes for 2020 are that the prize money has gone up and you can now enter by Word/PDF attachments via email. Please do not send in entries without reading the rules carefully as Fosseway will not accept any that do not conform to the rules.
- First Prize: £50
- Second Prize: £30
- Third Prize: £20,
- Maximum length per entry: 300 words (excluding title)
- Entries to be typed in a black standard font, 12 pt. If sending hard copy rather than via email they must be printed single-sided on A4 paper.
- All writing must be the original work of the competitor and previously unpublished.
- Do not include your name ANYWHERE in your entry, its title or filename – judging is blind.
- The author retains all rights at all times but by entering the competition you are giving us permission to publish your entry on our website (top 3 only).
- Email entries should be saved as either a Word (.doc or .docx) file, or as a pdf (.pdf). No other formats are acceptable.
- The file name should be your entry title, e.g. my_amazing_writing.pdf or .doc or .docx. Try to avoid generic titles such as fosseway.doc or competition.pdf. DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME IN THE ENTRY TITLE as it will be disqualified if you do.
- Email entries should be sent to [email protected] with your entry as an attachment to the email, putting the entry title as the subject of the email.
- In the body of your email please confirm the title of your entry, and give us your name, address, email address, phone number and word count together with the amount you have paid. Please also note where you saw the competition details. You can send multiple entries in one email.
- Hard copy entries should be accompanied by a separate A4 sheet stating the entry title, author’s name, address, phone number, email address and the word count. Please also note where you saw the competition details.
- Hard copy entries will not be returned; entrants are advised to make a copy of their work before submission.
- Please check size & weight of the envelope to help us avoid extra postal charges.
- Postal entries should be sent to: Fosseway Writers Flash Fiction Competition, Barnfield House, Mill Lane, Normanton on Trent, NG23 6RW.
- The deadline is 23:59, Saturday 8th August 2020.
More information here