Applications are open for F(r)iction’s Spring 2021 Writing Contests. The competition seeks work that actively pushes boundaries, that forces us to question traditions and tastes. F(r)iction’s Spring 2021 Writing Contests accept the entries in the following categories
- Short stories: 1,001 – 7,500 words
- Flash fiction: (up to three pieces in the same document) up to 1,000 words per piece
- Poetry: (up to five poems in the same document) up the three pages per poem
- Creative Nonfiction: up to 6,000 words
- Short Story: $15
- Flash Fiction: $10 (single entry) / $12 (3 pack)
- Poetry: $10 (single entry) / $12 (3 pack)
- Creative Nonfiction: $15
F(r)iction’s Spring 2021 Writing Contests has the following prizes for the following categories
- Short Story: 1st prize receives $1,000
- Flash Fiction: 1st prize receives $300
- Poetry: 1st prize receives $300
- Creative Nonfiction: 1st prize receives $1,000
- The winner will be announced publicly on September 8, 2021. All participants will be notified about the contest results through their Submittable account. Judges’ decisions are final.
- The contest accepts work, written in English, from anywhere in the world—regardless of genre, style, or origin—and welcome speculative writing and experimental literature.
- Writers over the age of thirteen are welcome to submit.
- Staff members are not eligible for participation.
- Any work previously submitted to F(r)iction for publication is not eligible.
Spring Contest Information
- Deadline: April 29, 2021
- Results: Announced September 8, 2021
- Prizes: Win $1,600 in prizes!
- Guest Judges: Stephen Graham Jones, Emma Bolden, Damhnait Monaghan, CNF Judge TBC