YO!Fest Emerging Bands Contest 2019 is now calling for applications. YO!Fest is the annual youth festival organised by the European Youth Forum that combines high-level political debates, thematic workshops, educational activities, live music and artistic performances creating a unique, fun and meaningful experience of participation. The European Youth Forum & JM International are launching the popular YO!Fest Emerging Bands Contest during the YO!Fest. The fest will be in Brussels, Belgium on the 30th of April 2019.
The contest aims to find the best young European bands and give them the opportunity to perform at the biggest political youth event in Europe, helping them showcase their music in front of an international public, and open for exciting headliners.
- Each winner will have a 30 minutes performance at YO!Fest 2019.
- YO!Fest will cover the winning bands’ travels to/from Brussels, their local transportation in Brussels, accommodation, food as well as €50 per band member.
- Bands with maximum 8 members from:
- European Union member countries
- EU candidate countries (Albania, FYROM, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey)
- EFTA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland)
- The average age of the band members should not exceed 26 (no members may be over 30 years old)
- Bands should play a genre that is accessible to a wide variety of people.
- Above all, you need to agree with the terms and conditions of the contest
- The European Youth Forum, JM International and its licensees, including and without limitation, any radio or television broadcasting corporation or any festival, has the right to broadcast my performance at the fest and all connected concerts and rehearsals as well as any material submitted via your application.
- In addition, the European Youth Forum, JM International and its licensees have the rights to use the recordings of such performances.
- The European Youth Forum, JM International and its licensees have the right to publish and disseminate the name, picture and voice, and biographical information of participants.
- It is also understood that if the artist/band is selected to take part in YO!Fest, they shall take all necessary steps in order to obtain official documents to attend the above-mentioned venue and agree to comply with any official requests.
In order to be eligible for the contest, you need to submit the online application form. Also, you should attach your songs at the bottom of the form.