Funded British Council – IELTS Award, 2019 is available for application.
The British Council IELTS Award assists high calibre individuals who have a strong motivation to develop their career and who can demonstrate that they have the potential to contribute to society with their studies. The award will enable successful applicants to study at an undergraduate or postgraduate level at an institution of higher education anywhere in the world (in Germany or abroad), in an English taught program that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements.
To be eligible to apply for the British Council IELTS Award Germany 2019 you must:
- be 18 years or over on 31 July 2019
- have taken an IELTS test at a British Council centre in Germany and also received an official Test Report Form (TRF) dated between 2 June 2018 and 10 June 2019 issued by the British Council in Germany
- have achieved a minimum overall band score of 6.5, plus a minimum score of 6.5 in each component
- similarly, be planning to enrol in the 2019–20 academic year on a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate programme taught in English at a university or other institution of higher education in Germany or abroad, which accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements (check the official recognition list.). The tuition fees of the programme of choice must be a minimum of £3,000.
- likewise, be able to provide an acceptance letter from the relevant educational organisation by 30 June 2019.
- Take the IELTS test at a British Council authorised centre in Germany and receive an official Test Report Form (TRF) dated between 2 June 2018 and 28 May 2019 issued by the British Council in Germany.
- Moreover, complete and submit the online application form by 14:00 (German time) on 10 June 2019.
Winner Selection Process
- Review of applications to ensure that they meet the British Council IELTS Award eligibility criteria.
- Five applicants will get in shortlist on the basis of their applications, including their personal statement.
- Furthermore, shortlisted applicants need to provide evidence to support their application, for instance, a copy of their IELTS Test Report Form (TRF) and a copy of their ID.
- In addition, the final shortlisted applicants will be interviewed by a panel of British Council/higher education experts. They need to give a short presentation before taking the interview for final selection.
- The successful applicant will demonstrate a commitment to networking within the IELTS community and sharing experience.