Applications are now open for funded Wanderlust’s Travel Photo of the Year Competition 2019 in the United Kingdom. This year Wanderlust’s Photo of the Year competition is offering the chance to win a trip of a lifetime to Texas. From mountains and prairies to beaches and forests, Texas captures the best of the USA in a nutshell. You could visit 100 times and still mosey away with a different experience after each one. Enter with your favorite travel photos to be in for a chance to win this epic prize.
There are four categories: People, Wildlife, Landscape, Travel (classic travel images that sum up a destination). you may enter up to four photos in total. This can be across all categories or selected categories (eg, four shots in one category OR two shots in one, two in another OR one in each, etc). One submission per individual; multiple entries will be disqualified.
- The four category winners will win a photography-based experience to Texas supported by the Travel Texas. Each category winner can bring a travel companion of their choosing.
- The trip includes:
- Return economy flights. All outgoing flights to Texas must originate from the UK; all returning flights from Texas must finish in the UK. The winner will be entirely responsible for any travel (including but not limited to travel expenses and accommodation) to/from the UK airports outside of what is provided in the prize package and itinerary.
- Accommodation and activities are to be confirmed at a later date.
- Any extensions to the stay or amendments to the booking requested by each winner will be chargeable.
- The accommodation, transfers, and flights must be taken at the same time as part of the same trip.
- Open to amateurs photographers in the UK only;
- One submission per individual
- Multiple entries will be disqualified
General Entry Guidelines
- Each entry must reflect the theme of travel and be suitable for its category.
- Images must be sufficiently high resolution to be printed, without loss of quality, to A3 exhibition standard – therefore your image must be A3. As a guideline, your camera will need to be 6MP+ and the image will need to be A3 proportion ideally at a minimum of 300dpi.
- Minor digital adjustments are allowed, such as levels, curves, contrast, color, saturation, sharpening, and cropping. However, we are interested in shots that capture the moment, not ones that create it, so the image must still be a faithful representation of the original scene. Composite and multiple exposures are NOT allowed, nor the adding or removing of subjects into or from the image. Some basic cropping is allowed, but the crop and resolution must still be appropriate for an A3 exhibition print.
- Any photos in the Wildlife category must be taken in the wild. Any images of wildlife taken in captivity staged scenarios (including being fed/lured by humans), scenarios created by human input or generally not taken in the natural course of events will be disqualified.
- Black-and-white images may be shot in color and de-saturated, then have a duotone or sepia tone applied. These pictures will be judged on their merits.
- Originals of all entries must be available on request.
All the applicants apply online through its official website. Click here to apply.