Application call for Future Hack Competition 22020
FutureHack is a national technology hackathon event, in which computer programmers and others involved in software development, including graphic designers, interface designers, project managers, domain experts (and others) collaborate intensively on software projects. This year, the focus is to find clearly defined ideas and prototypes on Cyber Security and Digital Inclusion. Participants are allowed to express creativity and are encouraged to develop unique solutions with an emphasis on using the latest technology. FutureHack is an initiative of the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA)
Each participant will be attached to a mentor in a hub or university to enable them to conclude the 48-hour hackathon by allowing the students an opportunity to present their work. There will be three winners from each region.
Prize and Awards
- Incubation for 6 months and also Mentorship opportunity.
- Startup with a ready working solution before October will be showcased in Nigeria 2020.
- Furthermore, winners will receive a cash prize
- Participation from all backgrounds and genders are welcome to participate in Future Hack Competition. Moreover, candidates can come from any part of Nigeria to participate.
- There is no age restriction to participate in the hackathon.
- Candidates must be solving the problem in Cybersecurity, Digital Inclusion.
- Each team must give an executive summary about their cybersecurity, Digital Inclusion idea upon registration.
- Furthermore, all team members should be present at the event and come with their own personal computers.
- Also, each Participant team must bring or obtain whatever hardware and/or software they believe they need to participate (e.g. programming application, laptops, phones, etc), including any necessary chargers. There will be electrical outlets available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- The teams will have to build working applications, proofs of concept, or prototypes, as well as presentation materials, to explain, pitch, and present the application.
- Teams can consist of two members to a maximum of five members including females.
- All teams should have at least one software developer, and a business person, as well as all teams, should have a team name.