Applications call for Globe Soup 2021 Travel Photograph Competition. Globe Soup is an online space for creativity inspired by the world around us. It’s not just a travel site, Globe Soup run international competitions open to anyone. It hopes that by bringing together creatives from around the globe we can help inspire each other. Globe Soup hosts four main writing competitions each year:
- Travel Writing
- Short Story
- Flash Fiction
The winner will receive £1000. Globe Soup reserves the right to delay announcing the winner due to unforeseen circumstances.
Globe Soup 2021 Travel Photograph Competition has the following
- This competition is open to anyone aged 18 or over at the time of entering. International entries welcome. This competition is void where prohibited by law.
- This competition is for contemporary photography only.
- Any kind of travel photography is accepted including, but not limited to; Landscape, Portrait, Street, Wildlife, Architectural, Food etc.
- Entries shot on film or digital, using a camera, tablet, smartphone or drone are all accepted.
- Digital image manipulation is allowed within reason. Using filters, cropping the image, adjusting brightness, and removing small imperfections for example is permitted, however combining elements from more than one photograph, stitching photographs together, removing large parts of the composition etc. is not permitted. It is up to Globe Soup to decide if a photograph has been manipulated to the point of losing credibility.
- Participants are allowed to give photographs a title, but this will not be part of the judge’s consider when choosing a winner.
- Photographs with signatures, watermarks, stamps or any other identifying marks ARE permitted to protect the photographer, however, they must not obscure the photograph to the extent that judging is not possible. The winner must provide the original photograph for display on Globe Soup’s website.
- Each photograph sent for consideration must not exceed 4MB.
- Photographs can only be submitted as a JPEG file.
- Any photographs that have previously won a photography competition are not eligible for this competition.
- Participants must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of all of the photographs entered. It is the legal responsibility of the participant, and not Globe Soup, to ensure that the photographs entered to comply with these ownership and copyright requirements and that participants own the rights to their images. Entries that do not fulfill these criteria will be disqualified.
Check out Submission Guidelines before you get in touch!