Climate Change Africa Opportunities calls application for Green Prize for Sustainable Africa 2020. Climate Change – Africa Opportunities (CCAO) and its partners are looking for approaches, startups and local initiatives from young green entrepreneurs, women and indigenous communities carrying knowledge (traditional and or modern), new ideas and offering initiatives and or likely to offer innovative indigenous, or technological services, solutions to improve African resilience to the challenges of climate change and to this end contribute to the promotion and defense of environmental justice and the reduction of poverty in a perspective of environmental protection, biodiversity and rational management of natural resources in Africa.
Prizes and Awards
For all eligible participants
- Obtain feedback on their initiatives from Climate Change-Africa Opportunity (CCAO) and its partners.
- Also, obtain internal connection opportunities from Climate Change-Africa Opportunity (CCAO) and its partners;
- Be considered as potential candidates for acceleration and also co-creation opportunities of Climate Change-Africa Opportunity (CCAO) and its partners;
- Participants’ projects can be integrated into Climate Change-Africa Opportunity (CCAO) and its communication campaigns, with the general public (after participant’s authorization), and will, therefore, benefit from wide visibility.
Finalists (up to 20)
- Participate in person in the awards ceremony (travel expenses covered) with opportunities to establish links with Climate Change-Africa Opportunity (CCAO) and its partners.
- Access other online connection opportunities with Climate Change-Africa Opportunité (CCAO) and its partners.
- Be visible via the online communication tools of Climate Change-Africa Opportunity (CCAO).
- Also, be referenced on the Climate Change-Africa Opportunity (CCAO) site when the finalists are announced;
- Present their initiatives to a jury during the final winner selection event.
- Similarly, have their project also reviewed by a group of employees of Climate Change-Africa Opportunity (CCAO) and its partners, who will vote to choose their favorites (their votes will influence the judges during the final deliberation).
The winners (up to 10) of the competition will:
- Receive a prize ranging from $ 1,000 to $ 5,000 depending on the quality of the initiative presented.
- As soon as the winners are announced, they will be highlighted on the public networks of Climate Change-Africa Opportunité (CCAO) and its partners.
- The 10 winners will be invited to participate in an accelerator raising their skills on systemic and collective impact with Climate Change-Africa Opportunité (CCAO) and its partners.
In order to participate in Green Prize for Sustainable Africa 2020, participants must have
- Have the nationality of an African country at the time of their registration.
- Be over 18 years of age at the time of registration.
- However, to have new ideas, startups, and initiatives offering and or likely to offer services, indigenous and/or innovative technological solutions to improve African resilience to the challenges of climate change.
- Have been incorporated as a non-profit, for-profit, or hybrid organization, or have a tax sponsor.
- Furthermore, fluent in English and/or French (the winners may be involved in activities that require a good command of English or French).
- Finanacial and Operational Viability
- Stimulate change agents
- Growing and Leadership Potential