Apply for Green Stories Adult Novel Competition 2021. Typically novels are 70,000 – 100, 000 words. Submit three chapters (minimum of 4000 words, maximum 10,000 words) as one document that must include the following:
- The first chapter
- Another chapter that best showcases how your novel meets the green stories criteria
- A third chapter (suggest the final chapter if possible)
- A one-page synopsis (name and contact details optional – Green Stories can identify via submission page)
You can submit more than three chapters if you need to, in order to make up to 4,000 words. Green Stories may then ask for the full novel from the best entries.
- Green Stories Adult Novel Competition i open to all, as long as it has not been published elsewhere.
- All submissions must be in English and conform to the green stories criteria of showing a positive vision of what a sustainable society might look like or in some way smuggling in green solutions/policies/characters in the context of an otherwise mainstream story.
- Submission details and links will be provided two months before the deadline.
There are two key priorities: one is storytelling ability – the story should be engaging and the other being incorporate green solutions e.g. by
- Showcasing what a green/sustainable society might look like and/or how we might get there.
- Smuggling green solutions into a story aimed at mainstream readers – this can be quite subtle.
- Using positive role models
Green Stories Adult Novel Competition will have the following prizes
- Winning Prize: £1000
- Runner up: £500
- Half-price manuscript appraisal (worth £300-400) for top three entries by established literary consultancy Daniel Goldsmith.
General Competition Guidelines – Green Stories Writing Competitions
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here