Applications are open for Grindstone International Novel Prize 2021. The Grindstone Novel Prize is one of the most prestigious and renowned novel prizes operating in the United Kingdom. Open to entrants from all over the world, previous winners and shortlists have hailed from the UK, Australia, New Zealand, the United States, Canada, to name a few, and have gone on to find much success in the publishing industry.
Grindstone International Novel Prize has the following prizes
- Grand Prize: £1,000 + Full MS Request
- Runner Up: £500
- 4 Shortlisters will receive: £100
- All Prize Winners: 25% CBCreative Online Course Discount + Atmos Collections Invitation
- The 2021 Novel Prize is open to unpublished or self-published, un-represented authors working on a novel aimed at Young Adult or Adult audiences.
- To be eligible, the finished (or projected finished) length must exceed 70,000 words. Works in progress are accepted in this competition, and entries may be of any genre.
- Entrants are asked to submit the opening 3,000 words, accompanied by a short synopsis in the same file.
- Entrants submitting during the Super Early Bird or Early Bird phases of the prize will receive advanced announcements before the prize ends, informing them of the result of their entries.
Terms and Conditions
Grindstone International Novel Prize has the following rules
- The Grindstone Novel Prize is open to self-published, unpublished, and unrepresented authors only. Those who have had a novel previously published are ineligible to enter. Short-form or poetry publications are acceptable in this regard.
- Manuscripts which have been published traditionally by either a mainstream or independent publisher are ineligible to be entered. Entrants whose work has been self-published is eligible to be entered.
- Entries which are aimed at either Young Adult or Adult audiences are eligible for entry.
- Submissions of both finished or part-finished manuscripts are accepted.
Authors must have a projected finish time within 6 months of the final deadline to be eligible to enter.
- Entries must be submitted as PDFs.
- Entrants may only submit ONE PDF document at the time of entry, and as such the feedback prompts, synopsis and opening must be included in a single document.
- Entrants will not be able to revise or alter their entries once submitted and no further documents can be added or attached.
- Entrants must be 18 or over to submit.
- Entrants may submit from any country, providing their entry is in English.
- Entrants may submit as many entries as they wish. Each entry must have a valid fee paid at the time of entry.
- Entrants who do not pay for feedback will not receive any further information regarding the reasoning for why their entry was or was not chosen to move forward.
- No disputes or communications will be entered into regarding the results of any submissions.
- Grindstone reserve the right to disqualify entrants if we feel they violate the above terms.
- Any work found to be plagiarised, hateful, gratuitous, or offensive may be disqualified at our discretion.
Register and Submit