Apply for Hektoen Grand Prix Essay Competition 2021. Hecktoen International invites you to participate in the 2021 Hektoen Grand Prix Essay Competition in honor of Hektoen Institute Board Member Mrs. Hella Mannheimer (1924-2020).
Topics might include art, history, literature, education, etc. as they relate to medicine. In order to ensure the receipt of a wide variety of articles, we have decided to exclude those dealing with COVID 19 from this contest. Hecktoen has many articles on medical history, so please search for your topic to see if it has been extensively covered before submitting an article. Essays should be under 1,500 words. The deadline is September 15, 2021, at 12 pm (Noon) CST.
Two prizes will be awarded: $5,000 for the winner and $2,500 for the runner-up. Please read the instructions carefully before submitting your article for publication.
Rules and Guidelines
Hektoen Grand Prix Essay Competition 2021 has the following rules and guidelines
- Submission of an article implies consent to publish in Hektoen International. If accepted for publication, an article may be published at any time regardless of the outcome of the competition. If major edits are made, proofs will be sent to the authors before publication.
- The contest is open to participants 18 years or older.
- For multiple author articles, only one person should submit the entry and communicate with the editors.
- Entries should be no longer than 1,500 words and must follow our article guidelines, including a cover page and proper formatting of both text and illustrations. Incomplete submissions will be deemed ineligible for submission.
- Articles may include images. If you provide an image, please review the guidelines in the Illustrations section below.
- Contest submissions should be sent to [email protected] or submitted using the form by September 15, 2021, at 12 pm (Noon) CST. Late submissions will not be considered.
- Submissions will be read by the editors and contest judges for Hektoen International. The editors of the journal will recommend submissions and edits for publication and contest judges will read the original submission presented by the author.
- The winners of the contest will be announced by email in 2021 and winning articles will be published in a 2021 issue of Hektoen International.
- Participants should certify that their work is original and that they have copyright ownership and permission to use any images submitted.
- Please send inquiries to [email protected]
Contest submissions should be sent to [email protected] or submitted using the form below.