Call for Application: Heritage Minutes – Short Video Contest. The theme of 1st edition is “Islamic Architecture” with the following sub-themes:
- Local Islamic civilizational and cultural sites
- Muslim architects
- Cities and heritage landmarks
- Islamic heritage landmarks as seen through the lenses of young artists
- Islamic sites shut or marginalized as a result of Islamophobia
Certificates and Internship opportunities are available at Aljazeera Media Network and TRT World for certain winners. In addition to that, the following cash Prizes for available for 5 winners
- 1st place: $1000
- 2nd place: $ 750
- 3rd, 4th, 5th places: $500
Rules and Selection Criteria
Heritage Minutes – Short Video Contest has the following criteria
- Applicants must be between the age of 18-30.
- Submission must attach a short bio for the applicants.
- Applicants must publish content via YouTube and should have pre-existing published content within this scope.
- The video shall be in any of the OIC official languages (Arabic, English or French).
- English subtitles are compulsory.
- Applicants must be from OIC Member States or considered resident of Muslim Minority country. Submissions are not to be shared with/submitted to other competition/institutions until the final result are fully announced.
- Submissions should be made in line with the contest concept and role of Islamic heritage and its contribution to global culture and civilization.
- Submitted artwork should fit the main theme of the contest
- All Submissions should be authentic, original, creative and of quality.
- Regions and gender-balance are taken into consideration in the final selection.
- Duration: Maximum 3 minutes.
- Acceptable Video Formats: .MP4, .MPEG, .AVI or .MOV
- Video Resolution: 1920×1080 in horizontal
- Codecs: Do not use special codecs in order to provide as much portability across platforms as possible.
- Audio is optional, but lack of audio should have minimal impact on the comprehension of the video.
- Structure: The video must include at the beginning a video cover with the title, authors and affiliation and the credits at the end.
- The video should not have any commercial pitch and the authors of each video must have clear copyright of the audio and visual content.
- Each video submission should be accompanied with a one-page description in PDF file format, which includes: title, full name, a copy of first page of the applicant’s passport(s) and contact information (Email and mobile WhatsApp).