Apply for ICT 4 Inclusion Challenge – Africa edition 2021. ICT4IC stands for Information Communications Technology for Inclusion Challenge (ICT4IC). This is the hashtag and shortcut for this challenge. This is a call to arms. It’s time for a change. Are you in? Register for the ICT 4 Inclusion Challenge and shape inclusive education in Africa.
ICT 4 Inclusion Challenge aims to wish to foster & scale digital and technical innovations that provide or improve access to education for children, youths, and/or adults with disabilities in Africa. You can submit your innovative idea, mock-up, or proof of concept (PoC) in any of the 4 criteria that apply.
- Developing a digital device and/or application, that facilitates inclusive education.
- Have a concrete idea to raise awareness for inclusive education using digital technologies.
- Develop digital assistive technologies to be used in educative settings.
- Working on accessibility solutions for online learning environments.
- Individuals or Teams of Innovators, Entrepreneurs, Students, Changemakers, Tech geeks, Disability activists.
- Person aging at least 18 years old or above the legal working age in the country of residence.
- Permanent residents of an African country or non-residents teaming up with an African organization.
- Please note that Atos or GIZ employees (and their immediate families) are not eligible to take part in the challenge. Any solutions that are already on the market are not eligible.
- Relevance and applicability: Your solution shall improve access to education for children, youth, and/or adults with disabilities in Africa and be affordable, accessible & realizable. (25% weighting)
- Innovation: Your solution proves to be new, creative, and innovative in how to reach the goals. Existing services and products already on the market are excluded from the competition. Tip: Do your research. (25% weighting)
- Sustainability: Your solution is an idea, a mock-up, or a proof of concept (POC) but has the potential to be scaled to a sustainable solution and business. (25% weighting)
- Potential impact: Your solution has the potential to foster social, economic, or systemic change and represents a business opportunity. (25% weighting)
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here