Applications are open for IndieReader Discovery Awards 2021. The IRDA entry fee is $150 per title which includes the first category. There is a $50 fee for each additional category entered. Entrants will also need to submit three copies of each title for the first category entered and one each additional category thereafter (this only applies to those who have gifted a book via Amazon or another service). If you upload a sharable ebook file through our enrollment form (after purchase), such as mobi or epub, you need only upload one copy.
Who can participate?
- The “IndieReader Discovery Awards” are open to books that have been either self-published or pubbed by an independent publisher.
- Books have to have a valid ISBN or ASIN number.
- There are no restrictions on pub dates.
- Both eBooks and paper books can be submitted.
How to enter?
- The IRDAs have two main categories (fiction and non-fiction) and 40 + sub categories.
- You can enter your book in more than one category, but an additional $50 fee is charged for each category entered.
- When entering, please submit three copies of your book NO MATTER HOW MANY CATEGORIES YOU ENTER. This only applies to those who have gifted a book via Amazon or another service. If you upload a sharable ebook file through our enrollment form (after purchase), such as mobi or epub, you need only upload one copy.
- At the end of the online entry process you’ll be instructed to print out an online registration receipt to send in along with your book(s).
- Please include completed entry form in the same package as your book(s).
- Go to the signup page to get started
For the Top 2 winners (1st place in Fiction & Non-Fiction):
- $500 cash prize
- A one hour, tailored consultation session with a publicist from Smith Publicity (VALUE: $499 per session)
- Furthermore, a custom author website and one year of hosting and management from Featherlight (VALUE: $1,347 per year)
For the Top 6 winners (3 Fiction & 3 Non-Fiction):
- $250 cash prize (for the 2nd and 3rd place books in fiction and nonfiction)
- Print and eBook title setup with market access from IngramSpark (VALUE: $49)
- A professional IndieReader review (VALUE: $250-$275/per)
- First look consideration with an eye to representation from Dystel, Goderich and Bourret Literary Management (as the folks at MasterCard, and most authors—indie or otherwise—would say, VALUE: “Priceless”)
In addition to all these, there are other several awards for the participants. Click here for more