Applications call for the International 212 Photography Competition.
The International 212 Photography Competition is a fully independent body, run by 212 Photography İstanbul and showcasing the best up-and-coming talents of the year from the country, region, and around the world. Our team administers a series of photography prizes that call for the very best in photography.
However, the photography competition is only half of the story. While highlighting the photographer’s art through this event, we also produce international biannual art and culture magazine, 212 Magazine. With these two entities hand in hand, funded by 212 Studio, the premier boutique photography and production agency in Istanbul, we aim to be as challenging as we are influential – to provide an inclusive space for ideas and perspective.
- First Prize: €5000 paid by direct electronic bank transfer and Certificate, letter of thanks from the 212 Committee, a professional portfolio review of your work, exposure on 212 Magazine.
- Shortlist Prize: Certificate and letter of thanks from the 212 Committee to the 10 shortlisted participants.
- All entries must be submitted in a digital JPEG format.
- All entries submitted to the Competition should be 1920 pixels at the longest dimension and be no larger than 3 MB.
- Entries should be saved at a quality level of at least 7 in Photoshop or Lightroom in the colour format of Adobe RGB (1998).
- It is left to the entrant to ensure that the image meets with these requirements by saving the files with no watermarks, stencil, borders or signatures on the image file itself.
- Failure to adhere to these rules may lead to immediate disqualification of the infringing images with no further notice or reasoning given.
- On the second round high resolution files may be requested of entrants who have been selected by the judges and Admin should be in TIFF format if possible, or JPEG. and should be in 8-bit Adobe RGB.
- They should be cropped the same, and in the same colours as the original JPEG entry. Entrants are requested not to upscale their work.
- Entries that cannot be authenticated or are not of an acceptable quality may be discounted from the Competition by Admin at any time.
- Entries deemed by Admin to have been unrelated to a given theme may be disqualified without notice given.
- Entries into this Competition do not have to have been taken in the Competition year and can be from any time in the past.
More information here