Apply for International Identity Day Design Competition. In recognition of the 4th anniversary commemorating International Identity Day (ID-Day) on September 16, ID4Africa, as a founding member of the Identity Day Coalition, is inviting African digital artists to participate in our first-ever Design Competition.
The purpose of the design is to promote ID-Day with an impactful image that will both inspire and encourage the worldwide community to rally around this important cause. As digital artists, this will be your opportunity to use your creativity to raise awareness of identity as a key enabler of inclusive socio-economic development in all countries worldwide but most importantly in Africa. The winning design will become the official theme design for ID-Day 2021 which will be made accessible on our website for re-use by the international community to commemorate the occasion.
- The winner of the International Identity Day Design Competition will receive a cash prize of US$3000.
- International Identity Day Design Competition is open to African artists, graphic designers, illustrators, and photographers.
- Minors (children under 18) are eligible but must submit a Consent Form from a parent or legal guardian to qualify. Download Consent Form Here
- Furthermore, the organizer and judges are not eligible to participate in the competition.
The design should follow the specifications listed below
- Horizontal: 2800 (w) x 1568 (h) pixels, 300 dpi in JPG, TIFF, PDF or EPS format. The winning design will be used primarily on social media and on several websites. If being printed, A3 or A5 specs will be used. Please consider these formats when creating your design.
- Your digital file must be higher than 1MB and less than 4MB in size.
- Cheerful and highly visible colors are suggested.
- Designs produced using the following techniques are eligible: Graphic design • illustration • photography • painting • typography • animation • mixed media.
- However, please note all entries must be finalized in a digital format.
- Submissions must be made online by the latest July 16, 2021 at 11:59 PST
- Each participant is allowed to submit up to 3 designs.
- Files should be named as follows: Firstname_Lastname_Country_01/02_IDDay. In addition to that, entries must include a brief written “Artist Statement” (200 words maximum) explaining your inspiration and creative process in the context of Identity and Identity Day.
- High-quality images are required. Poor representation such as low resolution, blurred images etc., will reduce your chances of being selected.
- Designs should be submitted together in one application and not as separate entry forms. In the case of repeat entries, only the final entry will be accepted and retained.
- Following your submission, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive this email within 24hrs, please email us at [email protected].
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here