Applications are open for International Photography Exhibition 163. It is an annual international open-call to discover, exhibit, and celebrate the art of photography. The worldwide open-call is now open for the 163rd edition of the International Photography Exhibition. Photographers and image-makers, of all ages, are invited to submit work for exhibition. Submissions are encouraged from new, emerging, and established photographers.
This is a unique opportunity to exhibit in a group exhibition at The Royal Photographic Society in Bristol, UK, and other nationwide venues. Alongside a prize fund to support future photographic projects, this year we are excited to announce several new awards, including a 2-week solo exhibition and a photographic commission to create new work.
- Anyone of any age can submit their images to the IPE – this includes student, amateur, professional and non-professional photographers and image-makers worldwide.
- The IPE is an open-call exhibition; therefore all subjects and approaches can be submitted, including alternative photographic processes and experimental work. There are no predefined categories, allowing for a completely open submission.
- Entry is made online using the submission platform. After the closing date, 27 April 2021, the online selection is made and shortlisted entrants are invited to submit prints for the final stage of selection.
- Entrants remain anonymous throughout the online and print selection process.
Awards and Recognition
International Photography Exhibition 163 has the following prizes and recognitions
- IPE Award: £1500 and 1-year free membership to the RPS
- Under 30s Award: £1000 and 1-year free membership to the RPS
- Exhibition Tour: 100 photographs will be selected for the touring exhibition, opening at the RPS Gallery, Bristol
- Solo Exhibition at the RPS: 2-week solo exhibition in the RPS Gallery, awarded by the RPS. The RPS will support the selected photographer to develop and deliver the exhibition
- RPS Photographic Commission: £1250 commission to create new work, awarded by the RPS
- RPS Journal Features: Four opportunities for a photographer to feature in the award-winning RPS Journal, selected by the Editor
- Visitor Prize: £250 prize voted for by visitors to the Bristol exhibition
- Selectors Spotlight: Five photographers will receive a statement by one of the guest selectors about why they selected the work. This will be included in the exhibition
- IPE Journal Edition: All selected photographers will receive a copy of the IPE edition of the award-winning RPS Journal.
IPE 163 How to Enter & FAQs