Applications call for International Speleological Photography Contest 2020
All the works submitted will be available for viewing from 16 October 2020. A selection of the works presented will be exhibited publicly at the Casa de Cultura in Aranda de Duero, between the 16th and 30th of October. This selection can also be exhibited later on wherever it is requested. The G. E. Ribereño will manage the printing and presentation of the photographs, assuming all the costs involved. The organization will be able to consult the authors about the printing preferences for their works, and request, if necessary, a file with the best resolution to print.
The prizes of the International Speleological Photography Contest are
- 1st Prize: 800 euros
- 2nd Prize: 400 euros
- 3rd Prize: 300 euros
- Two Commendations will also be awarded 100 euros each
Each author must participate by providing their registration details and a maximum number of 5 photographs. Only digital files will be accepted. The registration data will be provided digitally in text format and will consist of
- Author’s name
- Email address
- Number and title of photographs submitted
- The technique will be free.
- The photos will be presented in JPEG or TIFF format converted to sRGB color space with the profile embedded. The minimum resolution must be 300 pixels per inch (dpi) and the lowest side must be 2000 pixels.
- The image files will be identified only with the title of the work.
- Works submitted in previous editions of this competition, or that have been awarded prizes in any other competition organized by third parties, will not be accepted.
- The works and the data of inscription will be sent, using preferably the services of wetransfer.com, to the email address [email protected]
- The photos will be received between 1 August and 6 September, both days included.
- All participants will receive confirmation of receipt of their works.
- The jury will be chosen among people of recognized solvency belonging to the speleological and photographic community. Its composition will be announced at www.photoger.es before September 1, 2020.
- The jury will pay attention to the technical and artistic quality of the works, will value the inspiration that comes from them, and reserves the right to resolve together with the organizing committee any cases not foreseen in these rules.
- The jury’s decision will be final and unappealable. It will be communicated to the authors and subsequently made public on 16 October 2020.