International Student calls application for 15th annual Travel Video Contest. However, the world is faced with a much different landscape than in years past, so the International Students has also updated the contest with the name TVC 2020: Life After Lockdown. For the many students and global exchange participants aching to once again travel, this is the year for you to enter this contest.
- How COVID-19 has impacted your international education or cultural exchange experience abroad
- Your ideal international education or cultural exchange after Covid-19
Available prizes in International Student Travel Video Contest 2020 include:
- First Place Winner: $4,000
- Second Place Winner: $500
- Third Place Winner: $250
- Viewers’ Choice Award Winner: $1,000
- You must be 18 or older currently be an international student or on an exchange program, or had your international student education or on exchange program interrupted, or have a future international student journey or exchange program.
- The video must be created specifically for the current InternationalStudent.com Travel Video Contest.
- The maximum length for your video is 2 minutes. There is no minimum length.
- The video must be uploaded to one of the following 3 platforms: YouTube, Vimeo or DailyMotion.
- In addition to the link to your video, each applicant must also submit a fully completed online entry form to enter the International Student Travel Video Contest 2020.
- The deadline for applications is 11:59 PM, EST on Tuesday, 13 October 2020.
- The winner will book all his or her own flights and other travel arrangements.
- The winner for the InternationalStudent.com Video Contest will be announced on our website on 20 November 2020. The winners will also be notified by email and telephone.
- The winner will be expected to submit one blog monthly to InternationalStudent.com. This will start immediately after the winner is announced, and will continue through the year until a new winner is announced. Contributions are expected at least once a month after winning the contest.
- Originality and interest level in the trip, and creativity and quality of the video, are the main criteria. Click here to see the previous year’s winning videos. Use these past year videos to get an idea of what it takes to win, and the variety of videos out there. But don’t just copy their ideas – we have seen every video many times, and we know when an idea is not original!
- If your video is in a language other than English it must include English subtitles.
- Cheating during voting for the viewers’ choice winner is grounds for contest elimination. This includes copying and pasting email addresses (even if they’re real email addresses of friends and family). Each vote must come directly from your friends and family.