Applications call for Jane Austen’s House Writing Competition 2020. The competition welcomes entries from across the globe. There will be one winner per age range, per category, and one ‘local hero’ winner from our Hampshire based entrants.
Firstly, the winning pieces of this competition will be featured in a special gallery on the website and shared on the social media channels. The winners will also receive an annual pass to Jane Austen’s House and a goody bag from our Gift Shop.
Candidates must download and complete the form and send it to [email protected] using the subject WRITING COMPETITION. The competition closes at 5pm (UK) on Friday 30 October 2020. Writing Competition Entry Form
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to residents from across the globe aged 5 years and over except employees of Jane Austen’s House and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organization or judging of the competition.
- Competition closes at 5pm (UK) on Friday 30 October 2020. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition. Also, one entry per person as bulk and/or third party entries will be void.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party.
- Similarly, entries must not contain defamatory, obscene, offensive, or any other unsuitable material; Jane Austen’s House reserves the right to disqualify entries containing such matter.
- Entries must be suitable to be published by Jane Austen’s House for audiences of all ages.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry.
- Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Also, this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other social network. You are providing your information to Jane Austen’s House and their marketing team and not to any other party.
- Furthermore, by entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
More information about categories