Application calls for Japan International Award 2020 for Young Agricultural Researcher.
The Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries Research Council (AFFRC), the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries (MAFF) of Japan in partnership with by Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS) conducts this program to increase motivation among young researchers contributing to research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, and related industries in developing regions. This program aims to recognize and award the young researchers who show an outstanding performance and research achievements that have the potential to lead to future innovation.
Award and Benefits
Up to three researchers will get an opportunity to travel to Japan and receive an award from the Chairman of the AFFRC during the commendation ceremony. In addition to that, they will also receive a cash prize of US$5,000 each from JIRCAS (MOTAI-JIRCAS Award).
- Applicants must be researchers who have the nationality of developing countries and/or territories and belong to a non-Japanese research institute or a non-Japanese university
- Candidates must be under the age of 40 (as of January 1, 2020).
- Similarly, candidates should be engaged in research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, and related industries in developing regions, including the food industry sector and the field of environment
- Furthermore, they must be able to attend the commendation ceremony in Japan, 2020.
- For application forms and application guidelines, the candidate must visit the website of the Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS.
- Applications must be submitted by the recommending research institute and however, only one researcher can be are eligible from one institute.
- The last date for submission of the application for Japan International Award 2020 for Young Agricultural Researcher is Monday, March 23, 2020.