Applications call for Korean War Memorial Park for Civil Victims International Design Competition. The goal of this competition is to create a historical park as a symbol of national reconciliation that commemorates the civilian victims of the Korean War and comforts the survivors.
First, the “memorial hall” where people can understand and sympathize with historical events, and second, they use the unique locational conditions of the site where the tragic event took place, while “for various activities of citizens such as memorial, education, exhibition, exchange, and rest. It is to design an open park”.
Korean War Memorial Park for Civil Victims International Design Competition has the following prizes
- 1st Prize: Contract of architecture design development, construction document, and landscape design development only (total design cost of 632 million KRW, VAT included)
- 2nd Prize: 15 million KRW
- 3rd Prize: 10 million KRW
- 4th Prize: 5 million KRW Honorable mention (4 entries)
- Prize money for winners other than the 1st prize winner will be paid in Korean Won (KRW) according to the timing (within 30 days after the award ceremony), and in case of a joint application, it will be paid to the representative.
- The prize money includes various fees such as taxes and money exchange and remittance, and taxes are subject to Korean tax laws.
- Experts in related fields such as architecture, landscape, and urban design from domestic and overseas can participate, and up to 5 people can apply for joint applications.
- In the case of a joint application, one of the team members is selected and registered as the representative, and the representative is responsible for the delivery of contracts and design drawings.
- Representatives cannot be changed, and team members can only be changed during the registration period.
- The representative must maintain the qualification conditions for architects in the country at the time of participation registration and must prove this in writing.
- Persons involved in this competition, such as the ordering organization, judges, operating committee, competition management team, and employees of the organization to which they belong, cannot participate.