Applications are open for Lab.18 Art Contest. Lab.18 art contest, is a call for submissions open to all kinds of artists. Works allowed in the art competition are drawings, paintings, sculptures, photographs, graphics, mix media and video. A great opportunity for the artists, which can win a cash prize, have the opportunity to exhibit the artworks and much more.
Lab.18 Art Contest has the following prizes
- Artwork Acquisition Award: Malamegi Lab will acquire one among 12 final artworks. This artwork will become part of the Malamegi Lab’s private collection. The award has a maximum purchase value of € 2000,00.
- Cash prize: At the end of the collective exhibition, to an artist among the 12 selected will be awarded a cash prize of € 1,000. The award will be given based on the quality and originality of the work on display. The winning work will remain property of the artist. The prize is a contribution to the development of art and artist’s aesthetic research.
- Monographic art book: A monographic book will be dedicated to one of the finalists. The monography will be curated by Malamegi Lab with the support of final exhibition’s curators. The book will be edited, developed, printed and distributed at Malamegi Lab expenses. Apart the copies in distribution, another ones will be added for the artist’s personal use..
- Malamegi’s new collection: Malamegi is raffling the creation of a new works collection through the selection of one artist among 12 finalists of the contest. The collaboration will enable the artist to develop an entire collection of his works which will be advertised and presented to all buyers of the commercial network.
The 12 artists selected for the final exhibition and the 4 artists among them, to which will be assigned:
- A collaboration award for a new Malamegi collection
- Artwork acquisition award
- A cash prize of 1,000 Euros
- A monographic book prize
The following types of works are admitted:
- Mixed media
- Net art
- Other (all visual works that can be reproduced through a picture are allowed)