Lead 2030 Challenge for SDG 7 aims to ‘ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all while the world’s demand for energy continues to increase.
This Lead 2030 Challenge aims to find and support innovative renewable energy solutions with the potential of substantially increasing the share of renewable energy in the global energy mix.
solutions from young innovators are welcome if they are one of the following:
- Are working to improve current renewable technologies such as solar, wind, and biofuels
- Are exploring new technologies to produce the renewable energy sources of the future
- Also, are increasing access to and the affordability of renewable energy for all developing countries, in particular the least developed countries.
The winning solution will receive:
- Sponsorship to participate in the One Young World Summit 2022 in Manchester from 5 to 8 September
- A US$50,000 grant from bp
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of bp professionals. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organisation, such as:
- Business strategy
- Best practices for data collection
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Product design
- Your project evidently aligned with the Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 7 supported by bp.
- Founded by a person aged 18 – 30.
- Also, the project focused on a well-structured time horizon, identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out.
- Product/service already in the market or ready to go to market.
- Solutions must have a positive social impact
- In addition, the impacts of solutions must have been adequately measured and/or measurable.
- Must be able to achieve efficiency and survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract.
- Moreover, has the potential to perform as well or better after expanding in scope or size and/or being transported to other regions.
- 21 April 2022: Applications close.
- 15 April 2022: Shortlisted candidates confirmed and invited to submit second round application.
- 25 April 2022: Second round application deadline.
- 9 – 13 May 2022: Candidate interviews.
- 26 May 2022: Challenge Winner confirmed.