Entries call for International competition for the new poster for the Locarno Film Festival.
- Personal biography (1,000 characters maximum)
- Concept description (1,000 characters maximum)
- Poster in vertical A2 format (420 x 594 mm), as a PDF (300dpi in CMYK)
- A written declaration of granting rights to use of the poster, as per the section “REQUIREMENTS”
- Optional: other image formats (e.g. square, horizontal)
- Optional: examples of applications (e.g. merchandising or social media)
- The poster must evoke the identity of the leopard of the Locarno Film Festival and the event’s nature as a meeting point for different visions and images.
- The poster must be original. Its maker owns the rights to it and grants them to the Locarno Film Festival exclusively, with no territorial, temporal or media restrictions (including but not limited to digital use). The Locarno Film Festival also reserves the right to license the image to third parties..
- The Locarno Film Festival is entitled to modifying the content of the poster in case this is required for its use by the Festival.
- The poster will include the logos of the edition and its main partners, in predetermined positions.
The Locarno Film Festival Poster Competition has the following prizes
- The chosen project will receive a cash prize of 5,000 Swiss francs (5,000 US dollars), which will also cover the compensation for the Locarno Film Festival’s use of the poster.
- Five additional projects, which will have been deemed worthy based on the selection criteria, will receive a general pass for the Festival.
- All the projects will be exhibited during the Festival’s 74th edition (August 4-14, 2021), in Locarno.
More information available here