Application is now open for Lucas Dolega Photography Award 2020 with a prize up to €10,000. The Lucas Dolega Award is open to all freelance professional photographers, without age or country restrictions. Moreover, its aim is to support and accompany them and their work, done in risky zones and under difficult conditions to ensure free and independent information.
Further, the award is meant to reward a photographer who, through his or her personal commitment, involvement in the field, as well as the quality of his or her work, will have been able to testify to his or her attachment to the freedom of information. Similarly, participants will have to present a report on the coverage of any event relevant to the defense of freedom and democratic ideal, a conflict (civil or military wars, riots, attacks or public demonstrations…), a revolution, a natural, ecological or sanitary disaster, and/or their consequences on civil populations.
Lucas Dolega Photography Award 2020 Worth
- The Lucas Dolega Award will reward a photographer with an endowment by La Saif of 10.000 Euros, an exhibition in Paris, and a publication in the Reporters without borders album.
Eligibility for Lucas Dolega Photography Award 2020
- Open exclusively to professional freelance photographers of all nationalities, without
- Similarly, each Participant may submit several photographic reports up to three reportages. There should be one participation file (the Entry) per reportage.
- Also, each photoreportage will have to be completed between November 1st, 2018 and November 24th, 2019.
Applicants must send the entries have via the Internet (via WeTransfer) and the following elements are mandatory :
- A selection of 10 to 20 numbered pictures following the order of the story (01_name.jpg, 02_name.jpg…),
in .jpg, 300 DPI (max 3Mb per photo), including basic IPTC informations:
- – Caption (who, what, where, when, why)
- Name of photographer
- Similarly, the completed entry form signed by the participant. Entry forms are available on the internet:
- The executed copy of the present terms and conditions
- A text in either French or English that introduces the reportage (300 words max)
- A biography (300 words max)
- A portrait (jpg)
Click here to download the participation form.