Apply for Martin’s Minotaur/ Mystery Writers of America First Crime Novel Competition 2022. In order to enter, you must complete an online entry form and upload an electronic file of your Manuscript. The entry form will allow you to upload one electronic file. Only electronic submissions, uploaded through the online entry form, will be considered; do not mail or e-mail manuscript submissions to Minotaur Books.
To be considered for the 2022 competition, all submissions must be received by 11:59 pm EST on December 17, 2021.
- Manuscripts must be submitted as Microsoft Word documents or PDFs. All manuscripts must be double-spaced, with pages numbered consecutively from beginning to end. All manuscripts must be saved as “Manuscript Title_Entrant Name.”
- Each entrant should keep a copy of the Manuscript for his or her own protection.
- Because of the great volume of submissions the contest receives and the fact that judges are volunteers with full-time responsibilities elsewhere, it is important that you submit your Manuscript as early as possible. Submissions will get a more careful reading if the judge does not have to contend with a flood of last-minute entries.
All Manuscripts submitted must
- Be original works of book-length (no less than 220 typewritten pages or approximately 60,000 words) written in the English language.
- Be written solely by the entrant, who may not be the author of any previously Published Novel.
- Not violate any right of any third party or be libelous.
- Generally follow all the guidelines of Martin’s Minotaur/ Mystery Writers of America First Crime Novel Competition.
Who can enter?
- The Competition is open to any writer, regardless of nationality, aged 18 or older, who has never been the author of any Published Novel (in any genre), as defined by the guidelines below, (except that authors of self-published works only may enter, as long as the manuscript submitted is not the self-published work) and is not under contract with a publisher for publication of a novel.
- However, employees, and members of their immediate families living in the same household, of Minotaur Books or Mystery Writers of America (or a parent, subsidiary, or affiliate of either of them) are not eligible to enter. Only one manuscript entry (the “Manuscript”) is permitted per writer. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here