Applications call for News Photo Awards Overcoming COVID
Overcoming COVID in 2020 has become a challenge for billions of people all across the globe regardless of their occupation or social status. Moreover, the pandemic has affected all areas of our lives, becoming a series of trials and tribulations for many professionals, including photographers.
Far behind hospital front lines and on deserted city streets, photojournalists have been striving to capture the most vital moments of the global fight against coronavirus. Their work is as essential as that of other professionals, who have to battle a pandemic of this magnitude. Thanks to their images, they have frozen in time how our lives have dramatically changed over a short period.
Grand Prize: $10 000
- Single photo category – $3,000
- Photo series category – $3,000
All photos shall comply with the following requirements:
- Photos in JPEG format with high quality of compression (but not more than 5 MB).
- Photos are to be uploaded in their original size. The Participant must not scale the photo or otherwise change its resolution.
- ICC profile is to be embedded in the photo.
- Only images with a single exposure and in One (1) frame may be accepted. Similarly, only original camera images are allowed to participate in the Photo Contest.
- Minimum adjustment of exposure and color and cropping is allowed.
- Participation in the Photo Contest is free.
- All photos taken between December 2019 and the date of submission of the photo for participation in the Photo Contest may be used in the Photo Contest.
- When submitting the Application for Participation in the Photo Contest, the Participant must specify the date of the publication of the work declared for participation in the Photo Contest or the date of publication of the photo taken as a part of the same report as the work declared for the Photo Contest in any mass media (specifying the name of the media).