Nokia Bell Labs Prize 2019 is available for applications. It is looking for impactful ideas that have potential to change the way we live, work and communicate with each other. The Prize is both a highly prestigious innovation award and a means to collaborate with the world-renowned Bell Labs.
The Bell Labs Prize is a competition for innovators from participating countries around the globe that seeks to recognize proposals that ‘change the game’ in the field of information and communications technologies by a factor of 10, and also, provides selected innovators the unique opportunity to collaborate with Bell Labs researchers to help realize their vision.
- You will gain visibility to a high-profile audience of researchers, innovators, entrepreneurs, media and partners.
- You will also receive support from Nokia and Bell Labs, one of the most advanced telecommunications companies and industrial research organizations in the world.
- Above all, the first prize winner will receive $100K, second prize winner $50K and third prize winner will receive $25K.
- In addition, the three winners may collaborate with Bell Labs to see their research project to fruition.
- Also, the selected participants may have an opportunity to work with Bell Labs, giving them the opportunity to collaborate with researchers to further develop the idea and enhance its commercial viability.
- This prize is open to all eligible applicants who register and submit proposals in the general areas of information and communications technologies.
- However, only four members per team are allowed.
Ideas will be evaluated by Bell Labs researchers based on the following 3 criteria:
- Innovation – What elements of your proposal are novel, new, and represent “out of the box” thinking?
- Technical Excellence – Does your proposal have a significant scientific impact? How does it advance the state-of-the-art in technology?
- Feasibility – Is the proposal feasible in terms of cost, time frame, resource requirements, complexity, implementation-risk, and feasibility of collaboration with a Bell Labs researcher?
You can register for the prize online.