Northwoods Wildlife Center announces the 2021 Photography Contest. This is an amateur contest. Photographers that receive greater than 25% of their annual income through photography, or consider themselves professionals, are ineligible. Watermarks on the photos are prohibited. Northwoods Wildlife Center retains the right to remove entries that are in violation of contest rules.
The following situations are unethical and will be ineligible, and, if submitted, will be disqualified at NWC’s sole discretion:
- Wildlife appears to be stressed or harassed by the photographer.
- Nocturnal wildlife photographed with a flash at night.
- Wildlife photographed by, or with, drones.
- Wildlife lured with bait for the sake of a photo.
Categories & Prizes
Northwoods Wildlife Center Photography Contest has the following prizes and categories
- North American Wildlife: Any wildlife species native to North America, including all wild mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, fish, etc. ($100 First Prize and Photograph of the Year Designation).
- Naturescapes: Showcase the beauty of natural landscapes, such as lakes, sunsets, sunrises, forests, or mountain scenes, etc. ($50 First Prize).
- Bugs and Blooms: Close-up shots involving insects, flowers, plants, or any combination. ($50 First Prize).
- People in Nature: Photos involving people enjoying the great outdoors. ($50 First Prize).
- Pets: Any domestic pet species is allowed – cats, dogs, birds, horses, chickens, snakes, etc. ($50 First Prize).