Applications call for NOSTER & Science Microbiome Prize 2021. The NOSTER Science Microbiome Prize has been established to reward innovative research by young investigators working on the functional attributes of the microbiota of any organism that has the potential to contribute to our understanding of human or veterinary health and disease or to guide therapeutic interventions.
- Each Grand Prize winner will be awarded a cash prize in the amount of US$25,000 and travel and accommodation for the prize ceremony.
- The Grand Prize winner will also receive a free five (5) year digital subscription to Science and will have their winning essay published in Science (print and online).
- Each Runner up will receive an award plaque and travel and accommodation for the prize ceremony.
- The Runner(s) Up will also receive a free one (1) year digital subscription to Science and will have their winning essay published in Science online. The maximum number of Runners Up is 2.
- A completed Entry Form.
- An essay, written by the entrant, which describes his or her research and places it in perspective with respect to current research in the field of microbiome research. The essay must not exceed 1,000 words in length. The applicant must have done or directed all of the work and it must have been performed in the past three years.
- A one-page letter of recommendation from his or her postdoctoral adviser, supervisor, or another senior colleague who is familiar with the entrant’s work.
- A Curriculum Vitae that includes the following: Full citations of papers that the entrant has published on the research described in the essay: Academic and professional awards and honors that the entrant has received; and Relevant professional experience
- Copies of two of the entrant’s papers that are most relevant to the essay.
- The Entry Form and additional submission materials must be submitted electronically through our prize management system here.