Applications call for One Young World/ABInBev Lead2030 Challenge for SDG5. 100+/AB InBev is proud to support the Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 5. The Challenge also aims to find and support solutions that will empower women and close the equality gap ensuring a peaceful, prosperous, and sustainable world.
The One Young World/ABInBev Lead2030 Challenge for SDG5 challenge welcomes solutions from an innovative female-founded company that provides solutions to or solves any of the following: Infrastructure solutions that provide women-owned/operated small enterprises with opportunities to improve their access to energy, sanitation, and security
- Digital skills training solutions that measurably and lastingly improve the knowledge and practices of women-owned/operated small enterprises, with the potential for significant scale.
- Affordable, accessible financial products (e.g. low-interest loan products, crop insurance).
- Renewable energy technology with super high efficiency for trucking, rail, ocean and air including biofuel, electric, wind, solar and water – that are accessible for the entire market.
- New packaging materials to eliminate/reduce plastic, increasing recycled content and/or new ways to incorporate our supply chain waste into our packaging materials.
- Alternatives to increase recycling and reuse PET. Also, new solutions to improve water quality or availability in high stressed watersheds.
The winning solution will join the third cohort of organizations supported by the 100+ Accelerator. Participation in the One Young World/ABInBev Lead2030 Challenge for SDG5 includes three key elements:
- Pilot: The first three months of the program take place in-market (executing a pilot in a specific geographic zone). The start of the program will require three to five days in New York City for a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 3 company representatives (preferably CEO/CTO).
- Ongoing mentorship: Following this phase of the program, 100+ Sustainability Accelerator will provide in-person and remote corporate development and programming to further support startups as they scale. Pilot execution will continue, along with potential investment opportunities from AB InBev and partners.
- Investment: 100+ Accelerator will invest up to $100K in the winning solution through an uncapped convertible note. The goal of this investment is to bring startups into the AB InBev investment portfolio and help unlock the value that this can provide in terms of a closer relationship to AB InBev, globally, as well as the potential for future investment from AB InBev and its partners.
- One Young World Summit: In addition, one representative of the winning solution will be invited to participate in the One Young World Summit 2021 which takes place in Munich from 23 – 26 April.
- Aligned: Evidently aligned with the SDG5 challenge. See ‘About’.
- Youth-led: Founded by a person aged 18 – 30.
- Female founded: Led and founded by at least one female founder.
- Focused: Well-structured time horizon, identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out.
- Market ready: Product/service already in the market or ready to go to market.
- Impactful: Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example generating employment, or developing skills.
- Measurable: Impacts of solutions must have been adequately measured and/or be measurable.
- Financially viable: Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract.
- Scalable: Potential to perform as well or better after expanding in scope or size and/or being transport to other regions.