Pow Wow Pitch is a pitch competition for Indigenous entrepreneurs across Turtle Island to shine the spotlight on pow wow vendors, artists, business builders and innovators from all backgrounds and industries, whether just starting or looking to grow to the next level.
This year, more than 1,000 Indigenous entrepreneurs will pitch their businesses online for a chance to win cash prizes ranging from $500 to $25,000 CAD.
- $50,000 in prizes ranging from $500 to $25,000 CAD.
- Gain exposure to grow faster.
- Become eligible for the Pow Wow Pitch Box Program, where we buy and distribute up to 250 units of your products.
- Get access to the Pow Wow Pitch Seed Fund to scale up.
- Pair up with one of our mentors, committed to your success.
- Access free tools and opportunities to grow your business.
- Join a community of Indigenous innovators, makers, artists and builders making a difference in their community.
- Presentation: Have you clearly communicated your product/service, value proposition and pathway to sustainability and success?
- Execution: Have you convinced the judges you will follow through on your business goals?
- Motivation: Have you clearly communicated how you will use the money to start or take that next step?
- Indigenous (Inuit, Métis or First Nations) people living anywhere on Turtle Island (Canada, the United States or Mexico) of any age or gender with an idea or business at any stage and in any industry can apply for this Pow Wow Pitch Competition.
Here are some ideas on what to include in your pitch.
- Introduce yourself and the name of your business.
- Please tell where you live and what Indigenous community you are part of.
- Tell why you started your business and the problem your business looks to solve.
- Tell how far you have taken your business and your vision for the future.
- Tell about yourself, your team, and why you are the one to take the business forward.
- Please tell what you would spend the $15,000 on.
- Tell why you should win the 2021 Pow Wow Pitch and what impact you win will have on the community.
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here