Applications call for the Production Awards Program 2020. Basically, the program supports artists and writers from the Arab region, below the age of 35, by offering grants to enable them to produce their first creative projects. The Production Awards program also aims to support and encourage the artistic and literary productivity and creativity of a new generation of young artists and writers from the Arab region. In addition to that, the program helps give young people the opportunity to create original works and develop new forms of artistic expression.
Grants and Funding
Overall grants of up to $10,000 are available for projects in literature, music, performing arts, and visual arts and of up to $15,000 for projects in cinema and video.
- Performing arts: Development and production of theater, dance, and other performing arts works.
- Visual arts: Production and organization of visual arts exhibitions, installations, and art books.
- Literature: Creation and publication of novels, shorts stories, poetry collections, and theater texts.
- Music: Creation and recording of audio and audiovisual music works.
- Cinema/video: Production of short, medium-length and feature fictional, documentary, animated, and experimental films and videos works.
Production Awards Program is open to artists of all disciplines: Performance arts, visual arts, literature, music, cinema/video, etc. But however, applicants must be
- Between 15 and 35 years old as of 1 January 2018. Individual applications, not in this age bracket will be discard.
- From an Arab country regardless of ethnicity and citizenship status; or whether they are currently residing in the Arab region or abroad.
- Applications are open once a year and they are evaluated once a year as detailed in the program schedule, above.
- To apply, please register on the Production Awards online application website (see link below) with a username and password. Please bear in mind that the production awards for the cinema/video category have a separate application form.
- Applicants may save their applications in progress at any point and return to them later.
- Application forms that are incomplete or lack the required attachments and supporting documents will not be considered.
- The projects proposed in the applications must be completed within at most 18 months after the date the contracts are signed between the grantee and Culture Resource.
- The grant may not be usable for purchasing machinery or equipment.
- By accepting the grant, recipients commit to citing Culture Resource, its logo, and the phrase, “This work has been produced with a grant from Culture Resource” in all outputs of the project.
Application Guidelines and FAQ