Applications for Put Your Heart in a Book Contest 2021. Well, in 2021, the manuscripts that win the top spot in each of Put Your Heart in a Book’s categories will win $200, as well as a plaque and your name splashed across social media for industry professionals and future readers to see. Every entry gets feedback from at least 2 published authors.
Put Your Heart in a Book Contest has the following categories
- Contemporary – Short: Novels that are set from 1950 to the present with the primary focus on the romantic relationship between the main characters, and a word count between 40,000 and 60,000 words.
- Contemporary – Long: Novels that are set from 1950 to the present with the primary focus of the novel on the romantic relationship between the main characters, and a word count of more than 60,000 words.
- Historical: Novels set prior to 1950, with the primary focus of the novel on the romantic relationship between the main characters.
- Speculative: Any romance novel in which either time travel, futuristic, fantasy world or paranormal happenings or beings are a major element of the plot.
- Romantic Suspense: Any romance novel in which suspense, mystery, or thriller elements constitute a major element of the plot.
- Entrant must be unpublished and uncontracted in romance fiction, for a work of 15,000 words or more, in the subgenre she/he/they are submitting, within the last five years.
- Should the entrant accept a publishing offer prior to the contest entry deadline, she/he/they will notify the contest chair and withdraw any and all entries.
- Previous winning or final-round entries may not be resubmitted, even in revised form.
- There must be a minimum of five (5) entries per category in order for judging to take place. If the minimum in a category is not reached, entries will be placed in their chosen alternate category.
- There are a maximum of twenty-five (25) entries per category. The category will be closed after twenty-five entries have been received.
- Only one award per category. The decision of the judges is final.
- All decisions regarding disqualification of any entry or clarification of any and all rules will be made by the NJRW Board and will be considered final.
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here