Applications call for Rattle Chapbook Prize 2021. It is open to writers, worldwide; poems must be written primarily in English (no translations). Individual poems may be previously published in any format, but the manuscript as a whole must be unpublished as a collection.
- Three winners, judged by the editors of Rattle in an anonymous review, will receive $5,000 and 500 author copies of their chapbook, which will also be distributed to all of Rattle’s 7,000+ subscribers along with a future issue of the magazine.
- At least one of the winners will be a poet who has never published a full-length collection of poetry (48 pages or more) prior to 2021.
- Manuscripts may be 15 – 30 pages of poems (not including front- or back-matter); with any reasonable fonts or font sizes (12 pt, etc.).
- Applicants must not include any identifying information within the manuscript itself. If submitting in hard copy, include a cover letter that includes your contact information, the title of the manuscript, and previously published books; do not include a cover letter if using Submittable.
- If any of the poems have been previously published, the entry must include an acknowledgments page.
- A table of contents and page numbering preferred, but not a requirement.
Entries for Rattle Chapbook Prize may be submitted electronically through Submittable, or in hardcopy within the United States. International entries must be submitted by Submittable. Please note that we’re no longer accepting email entries—all electronic entries must come through Submittable.
Submit either via Submittable or Postal