Applications call for Red Brick Case Writing Competition 2020
Now’s your chance to get behind the scenes of the case pedagogy and leave your mark on it. The Literary Symposium Desk brings to you the perfect way to present your ideas through a hands-on business case to boost your managerial acumen. Rouse your inner academic and leverage your managerial talent to create a challenge and showcase it to the world. The Literary Symposium Desk is one of the landmark clubs at IIM Ahmedabad. It is the official club for all the debating, literary and quizzing activities at IIM-A.
The prizes of the Red Brick Case Writing Competition are
- 1st Prize: 10,000
- 2nd Prize: 6,000
- 3rd Prize: 4,000
- Top 10 teams will receive a Certificate of Excellence
- The top 20 teams will receive a Certificate of Merit
- All teams will receive a Certificate of Participation.
- Only college students (undergraduate, postgraduate, or masters) are eligible to participate in the Red Brick Case Writing Competition, including students pursuing an Executive MBA program.
- Each team can consist of 2-4 members. There is no limit on the number of participants from each college.
- A team can be cross specializations or year of study. Each team must be on the same campus.
- A student cannot be a part of more than one team.
- Teams can have up to 1 faculty advisor. Advisors must NOT be permanent/ visiting faculty at IIM Ahmedabad. Advisors may be from a different college than the team’s institution.
Case Study Details
- Case studies must be in English.
- Beyond the simple description of an organization, the case must present a specific managerial challenge.
- The case study can be written on any management topic or business decision, including but not limited to management, finance, operations management, etc.
- Cases must not have been previously used in a case competition, published by a case center, published in a journal, or publicly available.
Round 1 Abstract Submission
- Submit a 300-word case abstract outlining the managerial dilemma, situational context, companies involved, and other relevant details.
- Format: Word File (Font: Times New Roman, Size: 12, Line Spacing: 1.5, Borders: None) with Team Details (Team name, name of institute and names of team members & faculty advisor, if any).
Round 2 Case Submission
- Submit the case study. Detailed instructions for the case will be shared with the shortlisted teams.
Round 3 Case Presentation
- The finalists will present their case studies to a panel of judges.
Click Here to Register