The Rory Peck Awards aims to give freelance journalists the recognition they deserve, rewarding the most outstanding work produced each year and highlighting the significant contribution by freelancers to the international media industry.
The Rory Peck Awards has been celebrating the work of freelance journalists working in news and current affairs worldwide. These are the freelance reporters, filmmakers, photojournalists, and camera operators who play a vital role in international newsgathering – and in keeping independent journalism alive. The Awards are now open for entries, with an entry deadline of Monday 10th August.
- News Award, sponsored by Google
- News Features Award
- Sony Impact Award for Current Affairs
- Martin Adler Prize
- Only work by freelance journalists or filmmakers is eligible for entry.
- Entries must have been first broadcast/published between 1 August 2020 and 4 August 2021 inclusive.
- All entries must be submitted and titled as first broadcast/published.
- All entries must have been broadcast/published by a recognised media outlet.
- Re-versions of previously submitted entries will not be accepted.
- You cannot submit the same entry into more than one category.
- Complete the online entry form: You must fully complete and submit your entry form online.
- Upload digital files: Your entry must be submitted as broadcast/published and uploaded with your entry form as a high-resolution digital file. The preferred format for film and video is is .MOV H264 (1920 x 1080), without timecodes. The file should be clearly titled with the name of the entrant and entry title.
- Submit any supporting materials: Entries not in English must be accompanied by a detailed and accurate storyline and translation, uploaded to the online entry form.
- Pay the entry fee: Each entry costs £25. Entrants may submit any number of entries into any number of categories, but a separate online entry form and entry fee will be required for each. All proceeds from the Rory Peck Awards contribute to the running costs of the trust and its charitable grants.
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here