The School Enterprise Challenge 2021 is a free educational programme that teaches business and life skills. It supports teachers and students to plan and set up real businesses at their school. From coming up with your own business idea to writing a business plan and actually launching your school business, we’ll support you the whole way.
COVID update: The School Enterprise Challenge 2021 can be adapted to any context, whether you will be teaching online or in-person. Whatever your situation, the program will support you to keep your students engaged and empower them through practical learning,
School Enterprise Challenge has a total prize worth of USD 28,000 for the best entries.
Importance of School Enterprise Challenge 2021
- It is a practical programme that enables young people to develop skills that are not covered in the classroom (experiential learning).
- It also provides teachers with real-life examples to bring their teaching to life and allows them to develop new teaching practices (experiential teaching).
- All participants in the programme are part of a global community of enterprising schools that provides lots of inspiration and is a place for collaboration and sharing of best practices.
Benefits for Young People
- Get practical experience running a real business
- Develop entrepreneurial skills: Creativity; Analysis; Financial management; Growth mindset
- Develop key life skills: Communications; Teamwork; Leadership; and Problem solving
- Be part of a global movement of young entrepreneur
Benefits for Teachers
- Get access to a wide variety of teaching materials; Business guides with explanations + activities; Explainer videos; and Mini-competitions: ready-made challenges for your students
- Learn about business (this has many benefits in your personal life!)
- Ability to bring academic subjects to life through real-life examples
- Develop new teaching techniques
- Boost your CV
- Gain recognition and have the chance to win prizes
- The School Enterprise Challenge is open to all schools, including: pre-primary schools, primary schools, secondary school and technical/vocational colleges.
- Universities are not eligible to take part in the School Enterprise Challenge.
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here