Applications call for SEARCA Youth COVIDeo Contest: Young Forces for Agricultural Innovation. SEARCA’s Young Forces for Agricultural Innovation (#Y4AGRI) is an initiative to engage and empower the youth in ARD. Among the objectives of #Y4AGRI is to elevate the interest of young people in venturing into and pursuing careers in agriculture and allied fields. In line with this objective and in time for the celebration of the International Youth Day on 12 August, #Y4AGRI is launching the Youth COVIDeo Contest to put the spotlight to the Southeast Asian youth in showcasing their local food production practices combined with their creativity to tell their stories in a video format.
Amidst the pandemic, SEARCA aims to continue to be relevant in ensuring food and nutrition security in countries and communities in Southeast Asia. With youth engagement in agriculture as among its priority areas for the 11th Five-Year Plan, SEARCA is committed to provide platforms for young people on their issues and solutions in agricultural and rural development (ARD), particularly in this time of unprecedented global health crisis.
The prizes are SEARCA Youth COVIDeo Contest are as follows
- 1st Prize: USD 500
- 2nd Prize: USD 300
- 3rd Prize: USD 150
- Popularity Award (With most Facebook likes): Smart Tablet
- Theme: Youth and locally grown food
- Open invitation for youth aged 15-35 years old across Southeast Asia
- Individual or group
- Video types: vlog, music video, documentary, animation, etc.
- Duration: 1-3 minutes
Technical specifications of the video
- Frame size: At least 720p
- Format: MP4, MOV, or WMV
- Content (40%)
- Creativity (40%)
- Video quality (20%)
Applicants for SEARCA Youth COVIDeo Contest must send their entries via cloud storage (e.g., Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive) to [email protected] by 11:59 p.m. (GMT +08:00) on 11 September 2020. Also, attach a copy of ID showing their birth date. The email must contain
- Full name
- A country of origin
- Contact number with country code (e.g., +63)
- Location of the video (village/town/city/province/country)
- Brief description of the video
- In 1-3 minutes, your video should tell why and how you grow your food at home, in school, or in the community amidst the pandemic.
- Should include the practical tips on growing vegetables, composting, harvesting or any process in locally growing your food.
- The video must also contain the learnings and the benefits of locally grown foods to your health, family, and community.
- The video must highlight the youth, 15-35 years old, actively engaged in growing food with family, friends, or community. An individual or group may be featured in the video.
- The video must use the English language or local language with English subtitles.
- Be creative! Unleash the youthful energy and make your video both entertaining and educational.
- Applicants will have the freedom to create any video content within 3 minutes.
- Terms and conditions apply. An entry must be original and has not been submitted to any video contests. Any music or graphics that will be used in the video must be royalty-free.
- Entries must also ensure that individuals, especially children, have informed consent to participate in the video.
- At least 10 entries will be shortlisted and uploaded to the SEARCA Facebook Page for the Popularity Award (most-liked).
- By submitting an entry, participants grant SEARCA full permission to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the entry in any media at any time.