European Commission calls application for SME Week Youth Essay Competition 2020. The Youth Essay competition is organized by the European Commission Directorate General for Single Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs, and is an opportunity for 18-25 years olds to share their ideas and viewpoints with key figures and stakeholders in the spheres of enterprise, entrepreneurship and SMEs.
The SME Week Youth Essay Competition offers the following
- Fully funded trip to the SME Assembly in Berlin, Germany for the three finalists, to present their essays to 500+ Assembly delegates.
- Presentation training before delivering essays live on stage at the SME Assembly 2020.
- Promotion of essays across our communication channels.
Rules and Regulations
- The competition is open to all 18 to 25 years olds from European Member States or COSME partners countries (see the list).
- Essays should not exceed 2 500 words in length.
- All essays must be in English.
- Only one entry per applicant.
- The deadline for submissions is 18 September 2020.
- The three finalists will be announced in October ahead of SME Week and will compete at a grand finale in Berlin as part of the SME Assembly, where they will present their essays.
- The final winner will be chosen via a public vote.
Terms and Conditions