Spark Grants 2019 is available for application. Spark is an organization and a platform for the philanthropic and civic engagement of young people. Moreover, it advances for creating gender equality. Spark provides seed, early-stage grants to grassroots women’s organizations and initiatives working to advance gender equality and the rights of women and girls in their communities.
The average grant amount is $3,000-5,000 USD. In addition to grant funding, grantees receive pro bono professional services.
Eligibility for the Grants
You are eligible to apply, if your organization:
- Addresses root causes: It supports organizations engaged in addressing the root causes of challenges that women and girls face.
- Meets an unmet need: It looks for organizations that provide a service that is not currently available to women in that geographical area.
- Employs norm shifting and innovative solutions: It prioritizes organizations using creativity to improve lives while challenging traditional norms and approaches.
- Has leadership comprised primarily of local women: It specifically selects organizations with leadership comprised of at least 50% of women from the community served.
- Has a budget under $150K: Spark wants to make a difference with $3-5K grant, therefore, it supports only organizations with an annual operating budget under $150,000 USD.
In addition, the organizations with the following characteristics get priority.
- Belief in the Leader: As with most startup endeavors, Spark shows favorable consideration to strong, passionate, persevering leaders.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Spark believes in funding organizations that are “taking a chance” to improve their local communities.
- First/Early Funder: Spark takes pride in being an early funder and being the “spark” for an organization to achieve long term success.
- Beyond the Dollar
You need to submit applications to [email protected] either filling a form or by downloading the form. Applications are accepted within 3 cycles: Spring Cycle deadline – March 1, Summer Cycle deadline – June 1, Fall cycle deadline – September 1.