Applications are open for ONE StandTogether Essay and Artwork Competition 2021. Last year, ONE teamed up with 10 artists across Africa to produce the song, ‘StandTogether’ to encourage us to work together to end the pandemic.
The COVID-19 pandemic changed our world and is impacting our lives, our communities, and our economies. To help end the COVID-19 pandemic, ONE has launched the #StandTogether Essay & Artwork Competition for Africans aged from 13 to 35 years to share their ideas about how we can work together to defeat the COVID-19 pandemic.
Winners of StandTogether Essay and Artwork Competition will receive
- A 13 inch 2020 Macbook Pro or 2020 Ipad Pro 12.9 inch (winner will be given the option to choose one)
- A bag of ONE Merchandise
- A virtual meet-up with one of the artists featured on the ONE #StandTogether Anthem.
- The educational institution of award winners (who are students) will be presented with an Apple iMac retina 4k computer.
- The Top five essays and artwork will be profiled on ONE’s blog and social media channels.
- All finalists will also win a bag of ONE merchandise each
To enter, either
- Submit an essay on the topic: How Africa can stand together to end the COVID-19 pandemic (Not more than 1,000 words: PDF, MS Word): or
- Submit an Artwork on the theme: How Africa can stand together to end the COVID-19 pandemic (Upload your artwork as a JPG, PDF, or PNG)
- The Competition is open to people residing in Africa between the ages of 13 and above except for employees of ONE in Africa as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee.
- If you are under the age of 18 or are classed as a minor wherever you reside, you must obtain written parental or guardian consent to enter and to claim your prize. ONE in Africa may ask the winner to provide proof of age and parental consent.
- In entering the Competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. ONE in Africa requires you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the Competition.
- Only one entry per person is permitted per category and you may not enter the same or similar essay in more than one category. Entries via third parties and automated entries are not permitted.
- Entries not submitted in accordance with these terms and all other rules and directions given by ONE In Africa, or entries that are incomplete or illegible (as determined in our sole discretion) will be disqualified.
- If the Competition is prohibited by any local laws, you are prohibited from participating in the Competition, and ONE, in its sole discretion, may take steps to limit or ban your participation.
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here