Applications call for #Stories4Health Writing Competition 2020. With the #Stories4Health Writing Competition, the candidate is looking for personal experiences and human interest stories around new diseases, epidemics, and trauma with special focus on personal experiences, human interest stories Covid-19 as the areas of interest.
The competition is open to African writers from all over the world. Verification will be done at the point of selecting winners. Questions of eligibility shall be resolved by the Muwado and Amani administration and their decision is final.
- Winning entry: Ugx 500,000
- 1st Runner Up: Ugx 300,000
- 2nd Runner Up: Ugx 200,000
- Others: Assorted Deals, Discounts & Packages from sponsors.
Any form of internationally recognized writing in any language on the areas of interest is acceptable e.g
- Creatively written case reports or case series.
- Nonfiction from front line workers and those that have been directly affected by the virus and measures taken to contain it.
- Fiction that creatively disseminates correct health information.
- Epidemic history and lessons that can be applied to the Covid-19 situation.
- Accurately researched opinion pieces etc. The organizer doesn’t want to limit your creativity so feel free to think beyond these guidelines but within the areas of interest.
- Step 1: If you haven’t already done it, create an account on Muwado. If already have an account, ignore this and simply login.
- Step 2:Go to the Submit page and upload your submission. The submission window runs from 4th May – 30th June 2020 (at midnight GMT). In order for it to be recognized as an entry, MAKE SURE you include #Stories4Health in the submission title and tags section like we have done on this post, so it knows it’s an entry to the competition. If this is not done, your post will NOT be considered.
- You can always edit the post from your profile if there is something you’d like to add/remove.
- If submission proves difficult (the beta platform still has some bugs), email us your submission [email protected] and the team will upload for you.
- All entries will be checked for plagiarism. Submissions found to be plagiarized will be disqualified.
- The creativity of the submission.
- Post reach (views and shares) and engagement (upvote/downvotes and comments).
- The accuracy of health information within (consultancy between health professionals and creative writers is encouraged for the best results).
- Input from sponsoring partners.
More information here