Applications are open for Stringybark Sex and Gender Awards 2021. The contest is looking for great short stories that address any issues relating to human relationships from a sex or gender perspective. Subjects that could be explored in a fictional context include: romance, sexual violence, love, lust, harassment, bullying, LGBTIQ+, equality, respect, disrespect, consent, care, empathy, empowerment, redemption, discrimination etc. Stringybark Sex and Gender Awards want stories that illuminate these issues but also that give us hope for a better future.
The story must be:
- 1500 words or fewer in length
- be related to sex or gender issues
- written for an audience aged 16 and above
- First Prize: A$350 cash + publication + e-book + paperback + choice of any two Stringybark anthologies (Value $400)
- Second Prize: A$250 cash + publication + e-book + paperback + choice of any two Stringybark anthologies (Value $300)
- Third Prize: A$125 cash + publication + e-book + paperback + choice of any two Stringybark anthologies (Value $175)
- Hightly Recommended: Publication + e-book (Value $5 x 30 stories = $150)
- Stringybark Sex and Gender Awards is open to all authors aged 16 or over and of any nationality.
- A maximum of three entries per author will be accepted.
- The maximum length of each entry is 1500 words, excluding the title.
- The entry fee must accompany each entry.
- Stories must be submitted electronically via the Entry Form
- Submitted Stories must be .Doc .Docx .RTF
- Computer file titles can be named however you like.
- The stories are to be formatted in 12 point Times Roman typeface.
- If the story does not win a place, the author may still be asked to contribute their story to an anthology of short stories. Permission to reprint the story will not be unreasonably withheld.
- Once the story has been received and registered, no refund of entry fees will be made. No changes can be made to the submitted story unless a new registration fee is paid.
- Furthermore, the decision of the judges is final and legally binding and no correspondence shall be entered into regarding the awards.
OYA Opportunities is in Telegram too. Catch us here