Applications call for Swiss Forum for International Agricultural Research (SFIAR) Award 2021. The Swiss Forum for International Agricultural Research (SFIAR) offers an annual Award for graduates and scientists of a Swiss institution who work in agricultural research for development.
The SFIAR intends to award new, innovative and result-oriented research. Recent achievements or milestones can be awarded, however no future plans or project proposals.
The Swiss Forum for International Agricultural Research (SFIAR) is an informal multi-stakeholder group of Swiss institutions and private individuals interested in agricultural research for development (ARD). Members come from research institutions, NGOs, the private sector, farmers’ organizations, and public agencies, as well as individuals. The goals and objectives of SFIAR are:
- Sharing information between ARD stakeholders in Switzerland
- Promoting the visibility of Swiss ARD
- Playing an advocacy role at the policy level
- Serving as a national partner in international initiatives
- Promoting collaboration between actors in Swiss ARD
- The best Post-Doc/team project wins CHF 10’000 and the best Master thesis project CHF 1’000.
- The SFIAR Award may help winners enter into development work, or receive project funding, see former winners below.
Eligible for the SFIAR Award is research that
- Is within the thematic scope.
- Has been completed preferably no longer than three years ago, or is ongoing with recent achievements/milestones (for Master’s Thesis Award: master’s thesis submitted preferably not longer than 18 months ago).
- Has been carried out at or in close collaboration with a Swiss institution.
- Have involved partners (institutions and/or individuals) located in developing countries.
- Covers at least one of the following characteristics; partnership, outreach to the farm level, output and impact; product development (or steps thereof); and tool or instrument that can be applied in the local context.
The main selection criteria are:
- Research quality
- Demonstration of potential for development impact
- Compliance with criteria defined under “Scope”