Terra Foundation Research Travel Grants provide support for research on topics concerning American art and visual culture prior to 1980. These grants enable scholars outside the United States to consult resources that are only available within the United States. Grant funding is available for short-term travel that gives scholars:
- An opportunity to discover new source material;
- Experience works of art first-hand in museums and private collections;
- Make contact with artists, art dealers, archivists, curators, university scholars, etc.;
- Consult local archives and library collections;
- Establish professional networks for future research.
Eligibility & Application Information –
The foundation only accepts proposals from doctoral students and postdoctoral and senior scholars outside the United States.
- Travel should be undertaken within one calendar year after the announcement of the selection results.
- Final report must be submitted within three months of completion of travel. It should include a description of the travel undertaken as a result of the grant, an assessment of the research accomplished, and a financial report detailing grant expenditures.
- Recipients must acknowledge the support of TFAA in any publication that results from research conducted during the grant.
Deadline: January 15, 2017