Samsung Engineering jointly with United Nations EnvironmentProgramme calls application for “The 13th Eco-generation Environmental Essay Competition”. Moreover, the Competition invites youth all over the world to raise awareness on the theme of the upcoming World Environment Day – Time for Nature.
To commemorate WED and its annual theme, Eco-generation would like to celebrate the bigger and better WED than ever and to call on Tunza Eco-generation members around the world to show their will to act for #Nature for our future generations by writing an essay. It also aims to collect inspiring and creative ideas about the ways to reverse biodiversity loss by requiring us to think about various reasons why maintaining healthy biodiversity is important for us and our future generations.
Eligibility: Tunza Eco-generation members aged between 14 to 24
Theme: Inspiring and creative stories on why we should reverse biodiversity loss with regards to its causes, effects, and consequences.
The Eco-generation Environmental Essay Competition has the following guidelines
- No entry fee is required.
- All entries must be original works, in English.
- Each entrant may submit only one essay.
- All entries are final and also no revisions are accepted.
- Plagiarism and off-topic will result in disqualification. Similarly, entries should not have been previously published in other professional media.
- Entries must be from 800 to 1000 words in length. This does not include referencing such as footnotes and bibliography.
- Also, entrants must first register at Tunza.eco-generation.org in order to submit their essays online.
- All entries must be double spaced in Times New Roman 12pt, with numbered pages in either MS Word and Word Perfect. All other formats will be disqualified.
- The personal information in the entry must be correct. If the competition winner is not reachable due to wrong information (contact number, address and etc.) the prize will be canceled and be automatically given to the next runner-up.
- The decisions of the judges are final and are entirely their own and in no part represent the opinion of Samsung Engineering.
- At the discretion of the judges, all well-written essays may be published on the relevant Websites.
- Furthermore, Samsung Engineering and UN Environment Programme reserve First Serial Rights on all submissions. All other rights to the essay remain in the property of the author.
More information available here