Applications call for the 2020 Marsh Hawk Press Poetry Prize
Marsh Hawk Press calls submissions of poetry manuscripts to the annual Marsh Hawk Press Poetry Prizes for the year 2020. Moreover, the Marsh Hawk Press welcomes submissions from emerging as well as established poets.
The winner of the Marsh Hawk Press Poetry Prize receives $1000.00. In addition to that, the winner will also get a platform for book publication and promotion. The Marsh Hawk Press will organize a provision of a book launch in New York City. Furthermore, the winners of the Robert Creeley and Rochelle Ratner prizes will receive $250 each. The organizer and judges will select a winner for these categories from finalists.
Rules and Regulations
- Marsh Hawk Press accepts electronic submissions only.
- Screening for the Marsh Hawk Press prizes is blind and no contact information is allowed within the manuscript, including within the filename. Electronic submissions will have contact information collected via
- Submittable, which is hidden from the screeners. However, candidates must not include any preambles or bios within the manuscript.
- Manuscripts must have a table of contents.
- Please query first before submitting manuscripts with illustrations, photographs or images.
- Manuscripts must be typed in a no less than 12 point font, paginated, and 48 – 84 pages in length (single-spaced).
- Individual poems from the manuscript may have been previously published in magazines, anthologies, or chapbooks of less than 25 pages, but the collection, as a whole, must be unpublished.
- Translations and self-published books are not eligible.
Applicants must send their manuscript via Submittable only with a cover page that lists the title of your manuscript. Any manuscript file should not include any personal/contact information.
- Winners will be announced in the summer, following the close of the contest.
The entry fee for the Marsh Hawk Press Poetry Prize is $25.00 for each submission. Payment is through Submittable.
The last date to submit the poem is April 30, 2020, at 11:59 PM EST.
Click here to submit.